Well it all began at 9:00 on Jan 5th. We had our last Dr. apt with Dr. Miller.
He checked me and I was STILL not dilated at all :( so I got admitted to the hospital to start some med to help ripen my cervix. I had a few doses before it started really working but all I could dilate to was a 1 1/2. I was getting so frustrated but I had an awesome support team... TaNisha, Chad and my Nurse-Mom Rhonda! Love you guys!!! The 3 of them stayed with me basically the whole time!
I started having pretty good contractions around 8 o'clock that night but they weren't strong enough to get an epidural so I got some pain reliever threw my IV which helped till about 2 in the morning when I started really feeling them. I really tried to sleep them off but couldn't and at 4 I felt this GUSH! Yep, my water broke!!!! and let me tell you it was on from there haha!
I hurried and called the nurse and she came and checked me. She was not quite sure if it really had broke or if it was something else. All I really wanted at that point was my mom cause the contractions were so bad. I remember her comming into the room and me saying holy hell this is really bad! Get me the anesthesiologist PLEASE!!!
I got my epidural about 45 min after my water broke and am so glad that I did. People who go through that natural are just amazing but it was not for me.
I started feeling a lot of pressure so I got checked again and went from a 1 1/2 to an 8 in that short time!! Like I said my mom was my nurse, so she called Dr. Miller and everyone else. We were on the phone with all of our family telling everyone they needed to get there quick! We called TaNisha and by the time she arrived at the hospital I was complete.
Dr. Miller arrived around 6 and we were still waiting for the nurses. I started pushing around 6:30 and Keagyn Jean Merryweather was born at 7:12 on Jan 6 2010. She weighted 7 14 and was 21 inch long. I remember looking at her for the first time and thinking oh my heck she is a mini me! She just had these cheeks that were so kissable! She was the most perfect thing I had ever seen!
I have never ever ever felt the way I feel for her! She is the most amazing baby ever!
I don't know how to even explain what a high you have after you have a baby, it is just so incredible. I am so excited to watch her grow and experience all of the mile stones with her!
Mommy loves you Keagyn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment